Kim Lund was born in Ontario, Canada on March 19, 1957 and lived there until he moved to the Cayman Islands in 1984. He became a Cayman Islands citizen in 1993. After graduating from high school with a Secondary School Honours Graduation Diploma in 1976, he graduated from Conestoga College of Applied Arts and Technology in 1980 with a Business Management Diploma.
Kim has been an active participant in the Cayman Islands real estate industry for over 30 years, having been involved in property management, investment, and real estate brokerage throughout that time. He has been instrumental in procuring property on Seven Mile Beach for many condominium developments and has been involved in the design, layout, pricing, marketing and sales of various new condominium developments (ie. The Grandview, Regal Beach Club, Pinnacle, Water’s Edge, WaterColours, Stone Island, and others). He has served on various Executive Committees of condominium complexes, representing property owners with investments in the Cayman Islands.
In 1990, Kim bought the first RE/MAX franchise outside of North America for the Cayman Islands and opened the office in 1991, having been an independent real estate office in Grand Cayman, prior to this time. His accomplishments within RE/MAX International have reached the highest possible level, whereby Kim has been recognized as the #1 producer in the world for RE/MAX for two consecutive years.
Over the last 25 years at RE/MAX, Kim has always been one of the top 10 International producers and his team has been #1 internationally for the last several years. He has also won every career award in RE/MAX – Hall of Fame, Lifetime Achievement, Circle of Legends, and is a founding member of the most elite award at RE/MAX, the Luminary of Distinction. Kim also received the Distinguished Service Award in 2017 and is only the 3rd person internationally to receive this award from the Board of Directors at RE/MAX.
Kim has invested in equities and real estate in many countries including Canada, USA, Turks and Caicos, Chile, and the Cayman Islands. He has served as a Director on numerous Boards for companies involved in mutual funds, private equity investments, real estate holding and investment, real estate franchising, mass communications, and associations such as the Hotel and Condominium Association and the Cayman Islands Real Estate Brokers Association. He is currently a founding Director of the Cayman Islands Breast Cancer Foundation and is active in many local charities and fundraisers.
The RE/MAX franchise was purchased by Kim Lund for the Cayman Islands, in 1990. Initially, it was a humble beginning, starting with just Kim as the Broker and one receptionist.
Over the last couple decades, RE/MAX Cayman Islands has grown steadily to become the largest real estate office in the Cayman Islands and the leading company in terms of sales transactions and sales volume. All of our Agents are career professionals and are constantly taking work related courses and attending training events and seminars, held at the annual RE/MAX International conventions.
We are proud corporate citizens who are dedicated to our community. Our Agents invest their funds and time to help with various causes and fundraising events. We have set up a charity fund within our office to facilitate these efforts. Below are a few of the events and causes we actively sponsor and support:
- FC International - Summer Football Camp for Children
- Chamber of Commerce - RE/MAX Chamber of Commerce Golf Classic and Earth Day
- CI Cancer Society - Stride for Cancer Half Marathon
- CI Cancer Society/Cadet Corps - Cayman Islands Marathon
- Little League - Sponsorship of a Children's Softball Team
- Cayman Islands Rugby Club - Junior Rugby Team and Knackerfest
- Cayman Islands Special Olympics - Sponsorship of an Athlete
- CITA Christmas For Kids – Appeal for Those Less Fortunate and Christmas Present Wrapping
- Squash Club - Sponsorship of a Court
- Young Caymanian Leadership Awards - Gala Sponsorship
- Blue Iguana Conservation Fund - Sponsorship of an Endangered Blue Iguana
- Humane Society – Petapalloza Fundraiser
- Rotary Club's Meals on Wheels - Donation Drive and Dress Down Day
- Breast Cancer Foundation - RE/MAX Breast Cancer Gala Fundraiser
- Lions Club of Tropical Gardens - Brenda Tibbetts Lund Run/Walk and Dress Down Day
- Veteran's Association – Donation Drive and Sponsorship
- Private Sponsorships – Several Assistance Programs to Private Individuals with Various Needs